The left-wing is crazy and the right-wing scares the shit out of me!

Allan's Perspective is NOT recommended for the politically correct, or the overly religious. Some people have opinions. Some people have convictions......... What we offer is PERSPECTIVE!




Monday 23 April 2018

What's the rule for this?

Dear Friends: Something came up over the weeknd which was an epiphany of sorts about how the world works, and how it should work! (My brain never gives me a rest and is constantly coming up with this stupid stuff that most people would find a little weird!)

To keep my brain nimble and sharp I engage in various forms of brain games that are supposed to keep me on my toes, and one of those methods is to play a game called "Free-cell" on the computer. (If I'm going to work at it, I might as well do something that is kind of enjoyable!)

This game is a lot like chess because you have to figure out strategy, and future moves, and trends, and all sorts of other stuff....., and over the course of hundreds of games (actually over thousands) a distinct trend seems to present itself that I will tell you about in the hope that someone has an answer for me.

I win just about bang-on 2/3 of the games in the long run (66-67%) but how I win them is rather different than how I imagined it would work.

Even though the percentage of wins always comes out to 2/3 of the games in the long run...., there are periods of winning and losing that seem to be biased one way or the other. Theoretically, (I think) I should always be winning about 2/3 of the games on average "all the time" but I keep getting runs of winning and losing that is much higher......, even though the winning and losing eventually evens itself out!

I hope I'm explaing this properly  because it's a bit complicated but since mathematics is a set of rules I can't figure out what the rule is for the winning and losing streaks........!

There shouldn't be any, the way I see it anyway!

**

No comments: